I began seeing a Chinese doctor, who was amazing, she worked in harmony with my medicated fertility cycles and would advise certain practices, food and habits at different points of the month, such as moxibustion, kidney warming, eating lots of sweet potato and having been vegan and then vegetarian I even followed her instructions to have plenty of bowls of chicken soup, I would also not go anywhere without my feet snuggled in a big pair of warm woolly socks, for the Chinese believe that by keeping the feet warm aids circulation, especially to the uterus and I would happily embrace the 45 minutes I did nothing except lie in a peaceful room, listening to relaxing music whilst I had acupuncture. Clinical research has found that receiving acupuncture alongside IVF treatment can increase pregnancy rates by 65%* and although this was still my goal, over the months of regular visits to Dr Zou I had also started to find that the grief that I had been carrying deep inside my stomach since the death of my brother started to lift and with it I had started to experience a new optimism.
Search the site
- What you need know after an acupuncture session
- Acupuncture for male infertility
- One-Stop Fertility Test at Shrewsbury
- Acupuncture for Infertility
- Acupuncture hope for childless couple
- Mother’s joy at alternative therapy success – County Times 18th March 2016
- Pround parents thank ancient remedy for gift of baby Olive
What Our Patients Say
- ~ ME problems improved – Sarah
"I have been seeing Daian for over two years now, for prolbems relating to MS. I have found her acupuncture treatments very helpful for numbness, balance and fatigue problems. Thanks so much for the"
- Read more testimonials »