I began seeing a Chinese doctor, who was amazing, she worked in harmony with my medicated fertility cycles and would advise certain practices, food and habits at different points of the month, such as moxibustion, kidney warming, eating lots of sweet potato and having been vegan and then vegetarian I even followed her instructions to have plenty of bowls of chicken soup, I would also not go anywhere without my feet snuggled in a big pair of warm woolly socks, for the Chinese believe that by keeping the feet warm aids circulation, especially to the uterus and I would happily embrace the 45 minutes I did nothing except lie in a peaceful room, listening to relaxing music whilst I had acupuncture. Clinical research has found that receiving acupuncture alongside IVF treatment can increase pregnancy rates by 65%* and although this was still my goal, over the months of regular visits to Dr Zou I had also started to find that the grief that I had been carrying deep inside my stomach since the death of my brother started to lift and with it I had started to experience a new optimism.
Search the site
- What you need know after an acupuncture session
- Acupuncture for male infertility
- Acupuncture for Infertility
- Acupuncture for hemiparesis
- One-Stop Fertility Test at Shrewsbury
- Pround parents thank ancient remedy for gift of baby Olive
- Cardiff-Peking universities: Chinese medicine cancer treatment hope
What Our Patients Say
- ~ Anita Hunter – Shrewsbury
"I started having acupuncture. Six months later I was pregnant."
- Read more testimonials »