Chinese medicine articles
In many skin disorders, such as neurodermatitis, acne, herpes zoster, psoriasis, and eczema, acupuncture treatment is effective. According to traditional ideas, the skin is related to the lung and the large intestine, and skin disorders are therefore treated with points on these channels. Both excess- and deficiency-type conditions should be considered for needle stimulation. Read more »
The treatment of hemiparesis occupies a major place in acupuncture clinics in China. Hemiparesis after a cerebral insult has a better prognosis than post-traumatic hemiparesis.
Paresis after poliomyelitis can also be treated successfully. Personal experience in the treatment of spastic paresis shows a significant reduction of the spasm in 30% of patients. Early treatment of paresis after cerebral palsy has especially good results. Even in long-standing paresis amazing improvements are often achieved.
- Comprehensive diagnosis with the methods of Western medicine, with particular emphasis on the exclusion of malignant illnesses.
- Exact analysis of the symptoms and, especially in chronic and complicated cases, classification of them according to the system of traditional Chinese diagnosis. The differentiation with the most bearing on therapy is that into excess or deficiency conditions. Disturbances caused by excess, Shi in Chinese, are treated with sedative methods, while deficiency disturbances, Xu, are treated with tonifying methods. Moxibustion is an important tonifying method. Points should be selected with careful reference to these diagnostic categories.
- Examination and allocation of pain and of other symptoms to channels and organs.
- Knowledge of the 12 main channels, and of Ren Mai and Du Mai, their courses, their relations, and the distribution of specific points. Knowledge of the point categories, their indications and meanings.
- Exact location of the points, precisely correct technique of insertion, and adequate depth of needle insertion, and appropriate stimulation (sedative or tonifying method).
By G Stux
Article Source: ArticlesBase.com
External Articles does not represent our opinions. (disclaimer)
Acupuncture & Moxibustion Treatment is an ancient Chinese method of treating different diseases by inserting one or more very thin pins at certain points on the body. It has been practiced in China and the orient for more than 5000 years.
Acupuncture & Moxibustion Medical science is practiced based on keeping or restore balance of vital energy in the body and treating accordingly. The imbalance can be caused by physical or emotional difficulties. The acupuncture & moxibustion doctor restores the balance by inserting fine sterilized pins in to the points of the channels of energy, through stimulating the body’s own natural healing mechanisms. So, Acupuncture & moxibustion is the process of encouraging the body to promote natural healing. The general theory of acupuncture is based on the principle that there are patterns of energy flow through the body that are essential for health. Disruptions of this flow are believed to be responsible for disease. Acupuncture & moxibustion corrects imbalances of flow. Throughout its long history, acupuncture treatment has established a solid reputation as an excellent alternative for health care and is very effective to treat some diseases, where other methods of treatment could not achieve good result or failed.
Read more »
SJHill Clinic is not responsible for external articles
Hyperhidrosis, also known as excessive sweating, is a condition that makes people sweat more than the common average. Can acupuncture help overcome this problem? Let’s find out. Read more »
A major tenet of acupuncture is that to reflect beauty on the outside, you must be healthy on the inside. Cosmetic acupuncture is a unique method of facial rejuvenation based on this philosophy. And its popularity is growing among women in America.
Principles of acupuncture
For starters, here are the basics of acupuncture.
- Blood and Qi flow.Acupuncture uses carefully-placed needles to promote blood flow and energy circulation. This energy is known as “Qi” or “Chi,” representing “the spiritual, emotional, mental and physical aspects of life,” according to the Web site, Acupuncture.Blood and Qi travel along channels and pathways throughout the body. When blood or Qi create blockages in certain parts of the body, it can have negative effects. Once these blockages are cleared, blood and energy flow improve, and well-being is restored.
- Balance. Due to its holistic nature, acupuncture focuses on the body as a whole and on the systems working together. In other words, if one part of the body isn’t working properly, it can affect other parts and cause imbalances.
How cosmetic acupuncture works Read more »
There is no one health condition or set of conditions that acupuncture is meant to treat. Instead, acupuncturists use the treatment for an extremely wide range of health conditions.
The use of acupuncture is not always based on scientific evidence. This means that practitioners may use acupuncture to treat a certain health condition, even though there have not been scientific trials showing that acupuncture works for that condition. For more information about the evidence on acupuncture and specific health conditions, see Evidence for acupuncture.
Sometimes, patients combine acupuncture with conventional treatments that have been prescribed by a GP or hospital consultant. If you are being treated by an acupuncturist for a health condition, it is advisable to discuss this with your GP. Read more »
There is some scientific evidence that acupuncture is effective for a small number of health conditions. However, for the majority of conditions for which acupuncture is used, the scientific evidence is inconclusive or there has been no attempt to collect good-quality evidence. For a small number of conditions, there is evidence that acupuncture does not work.
More research is needed into the effectiveness of acupuncture on a wide range of conditions.
It is important to remember that when we use a treatment and feel better, this can be because of a phenomenon called the placebo effect and not because of the treatment itself. Read more »
Search the site
- What you need know after an acupuncture session
- Acupuncture for male infertility
- Acupuncture for Infertility
- One-Stop Fertility Test at Shrewsbury
- Pround parents thank ancient remedy for gift of baby Olive
- Mother’s joy at alternative therapy success – County Times 18th March 2016
- Acupuncture could help period pain, researchers say
What Our Patients Say
- ~ K&C – Thanks for helping to get to where we are
"Thank you so much for helpign us get to where we are on our journey. We really don't think we would have got here without your expert help & advice. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, K. & C. (and"
- Read more testimonials »